NARI Network Community Rules, Etiquette, and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the NARI Network community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to limit discussions, shared files, and content to those best suited to this platform. This community is a platform with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions about this resource should be directed to email@example.com. Questions about your NARI membership or other benefits should be directed to our member services department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules and guidelines. To preserve an environment that encourages civil, constructive, and beneficial dialogue, we reserve the right to delete content at our discretion, and/or suspend or terminate access to this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide.
- This is not a sales platform. You cannot post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Use the Products/Services Community to share information about your offerings.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted. Respect other’s intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not clutter several lists or libraries with the same message.
- Don't challenge or attack others. Be respectful. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there is no such thing as a stupid question.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Concisely and clearly state the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- Do not forward or share, in any way, postings from the discussion group with anyone outside the group, without first getting permission from the person who posted the original comment.
This site is provided as a service for the members of The National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI). NARI is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NARI or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NARI be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NARI and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material, in any format now existing or developed in the future, unless otherwise indicated.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The NARI Network is monitored by its users for inappropriate postings. In the event any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of NARI, we will take appropriate action.
NARI reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We Respect Your Privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
Whom We Share Information With
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Rules and Guidelines or other agreements that govern your use of this site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us at email@example.com.